UniMAP ICT Data Center consists of several major units that operate continuously to ensure the existence of the service (24 x 7 x 365 days a year) and the effectiveness of ICT services delivered to UniMAP staffs and students. A data center is a facility used to house computer systems and associated components, such as telecommunications and storage systems which are valueable and important to the university. Therefore, the role performed by the Data Center service is important in order to ensure that all resources are in high reliability and ready, safe and systematically monitored and manageable.
Scope of Data Center services are divided into several units: -
1) Database and Storage Service:
- Monitor and control Database operation to ensure the availablity.
- Monitor and manage the implementation and monitoring of Database backup / recovery.
- Monitor and manage the capacity and operational database and storage.
- Database service provider used are MSSQL, MYSQL, PostgreSQL and ORACLE for online applications.
- Manage stress testing applications.
2) Management & Repair Service, Monitoring and Helpdesk
- Monitor and manage the helpdesk services.
- Monitor and manage the performance and monitoring centralized backup and recovery system.
- Monitor and regulate ICT services to ensure the services are always optimal.
- Monitor and manage overall maintenance of ICT equipement periodically.
3) Management & Operations Services, Server and Email
- Monitor and manage server operations to ensure the availablity.
- Provide web hosting services.
- Provide support and technical advices.
- Operation system provided are Microsoft Windows Server, Linux, Solaris and FreeBSD.
- Manage, monitor and improve operations and email services.
Fundamentals of Data Center Management
1) Management based on MS ISO/IEC 27001:2007
2) Supports used of open source software (OSS)